Datastage upgrade

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage upgrade

Post by devsonali »

Hello Everybody

We are trying to upgrade datastage from 7.5.3 to version 8.1 on HP box , Is there a pdf thats gives me dos and don'ts ,
steps for migration etc

Any information on the above will be greatly helpful
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would come with the 8.1 software - what used to be called the the 'Installation and Upgrade Guide' is now the Planning, Installation, and Configuration Guide.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

Sure , we have a lot of information regarding installation and configuration , but i think i should have mentioned in my earlier post , that I am looking more on migrating jobs export/import the dsx , related documentation and things that are different in datastage 8 , common compilation errors etc and possible solutions
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are no "common compilation errors" and the basic job import/export process hasn't changed. Any kind of "what's new" information will be in the documentation. You may want to search ITToolbox (or whatever it is called nowadays) for Vincent McBurney's blog postings on the subject, I seem to recall he had a number of them on the subject of migrating to the 8.x release.

Ah... here he is.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers