AS400 data issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thanush9sep
Premium Member
Premium Member

AS400 data issue

Post by thanush9sep »

A table in AS400 has a column named CREATED with datatype Date and it is NOT NULLABLE. I am using the DbVisualizer to view the records. In that most of the records in the CREATED column shows as (null). But I don't understand why, since the CREATED column is NOT NULLABLE.

I am using the DRS stage to read this table, however the (null) converted into 0001-01-01 by default.

I really don't understand what to do.

Should i keep this as NOT NULLABLE or is there anything to convert this default date (0001-01-01)

but i dont want this '0001-01-01' which is being given by Datastage.

Please help...
Regards
LakshmiNarayanan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: AS400 data issue

Post by chulett »

thanush9sep wrote:A table in AS400 has a column named CREATED with datatype Date and it is NOT NULLABLE. I am using the DbVisualizer to view the records. In that most of the records in the CREATED column shows as (null). But I don't understand why, since the CREATED column is NOT NULLABLE.
That seems like a question or issue to raise with your DBA. Once you know what's going on, it should be easier to know how to deal with it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers