No Logs found in DS Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

No Logs found in DS Director

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I'm trying to view the job logs in DS Director and i'm not able view any logs. I tried to search the forum and found results only for DS on a UNIX machine and not for windows. From other postings I see that I need to change / check the values for RTLogging and ORLogging, but i'm not sure where to find this.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From what I recall, they are stored in the DSParams file in each Project and any advice regarding them would be platform independant - Windows or UNIX work the same way in that regard.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I checked the DSParam file and I see this:

RTLogging=0
ORLogging=1

Should I change this to

RTLogging=1
ORLogging=0

One more question, when I opened the DSParam file I made a copy and then opened it with wordpad, so can I directly edit or make changes and new file in place, will this affect the existing setting (change in the sense changing the 0 and 1).
Thanks
Karthick
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

Until yesterday, everything was OK, and I was able to see the job logs. I tried to login to the IBM Information Server Web console, but dont remember making any changes. Why did this happen.
Thanks
Karthick
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi Craig

I changed the values in the DSParam file and now Im able to see the logs in the director. Thanks.
Thanks
Karthick
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

In case of ORLogging the logs are stored in xmeta which has some known problems. However RTLogging switches the logging back to conventional method of storing it to Hashed files(RT_LOGnnn) and thats why you can see the logs now.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: