Sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mayura
Participant

Sequential file

Post by mayura »

Sequential file has 10 records.Delimeter is comma separated.
when i was trying to view it via job,It is showing me only one record instead of 10 while in unix i can able to see all the records.

Please solve this !! :o
Mayura
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

the problem may be that you might have not defined the coulms corectly and also check the first line is column name as true if you have header record for your file
thanks n regards
nani
mayura
Participant

Post by mayura »

nani0907 wrote:the problem may be that you might have not defined the coulms corectly and also check the first line is column name as true if you have header record for your file
Actually i have defined all the column names correctly and the condition for firt line should column name is true.

:roll:
Mayura
sathya_anjan
Participant

Post by sathya_anjan »

When you click on View data in the Sequential file, you will get a "Data Browser" Pop up. Make sure the "Rows to Display" is not 1 and 10 (since your record count is 10). If it is set to 1, you will always see 1 record irrespective of Record Count in the sequential file.

If you have the above setting set to 10 rows then you need to let us know how you have configured Sequential File.
mayura
Participant

Post by mayura »

sathya_anjan wrote:When you click on View data in the Sequential file, you will get a "Data Browser" Pop up. Make sure the "Rows to Display" is not 1 and 10 (since your record count is 10). If it is set to 1, you will always see 1 record irrespective of Record Count in the sequential file.

If you have the above setting set to 10 rows then you need to let us know how you have configured Sequential File.
All settings are correct only ... :?
Mayura
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, they're not or you'd be seeing all records. You have a metadata mismatch and the "bad" records are being rejected by the stage. Try all Varchar fields and see if that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sathya_anjan
Participant

Post by sathya_anjan »

Please provide further details on how you have configured Sequential File. Unless you stop your 1 liners and provide details you will never get any resolution.
mayura
Participant

Post by mayura »

chulett wrote:No, they're not or you'd be seeing all records. You have a metadata mismatch and the "bad" records are being rejected by the stage. Try all Varchar fields and see if that helps. ...
Problem got solve actually the view data period was set to 11 now i have changed it to 1 now i am able to see the records..
:P
Mayura
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

What are the feild defaults and final delimetrs option given in that satge?
thanks n regards
nani
mayura
Participant

Post by mayura »

nani0907 wrote:What are the feild defaults and final delimetrs option given in that satge?
hey problem solve no worry !!!
view data period was set to 11 i have make it as 1 :o
Mayura
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

mayura wrote:
chulett wrote:No, they're not or you'd be seeing all records. You have a metadata mismatch and the "bad" records are being rejected by the stage. Try all Varchar fields and see if that helps. ...
Problem got solve actually the view data period was set to 11 now i have changed it to 1 now i am able to see the records..
:P
Or that. :wink:
-craig

nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

:)
thanks n regards
nani
sathya_anjan
Participant

Post by sathya_anjan »

Like I predicted it was the "Data Browser" property. Please look in twice before you say "All is Well".

Anyways, please click on the Button at the top of the Post to Mark it Resolved.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please look twice before asking someone to mark something Resolved - they already had when you posted. :wink:
-craig

sathya_anjan
Participant

Post by sathya_anjan »

When I sent in the message, it was still not Marked as Resolved. :wink:

But now it is!! :D