Reg Schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nani0907
Participant

Reg Schema file

Post by nani0907 »

Hi ,

for a data load ,i get two files source file with different format . how can i make my job generic to read the source files with has format diffrence .can some one help out to acheive this by schema file option.

Thanks in Advance
thanks n regards
nani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Depends.

What do you want to DO with the data records once you've read them?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
AVISSIVA
Participant

Re: Reg Schema file

Post by AVISSIVA »

nani0907 wrote:Hi ,

for a data load ,i get two files source file with different format . how can i make my job generic to read the source files with has format diffrence .can some one help out to acheive this by schema file option.

Thanks in Advance

If you have file Identifier then you can make generic. Based on the file identifier you can create two data flows.
Sivakumar
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

As Ray suggests, reading 2 different file types is quite easy with schema files, what is possibly more important is how you intend to use the data. Ie do you want to load into a database, a dataset, or another file. What is the format of the target - is this also 2 different schema?

Without answers to questions like these it is very difficult to suggest a suitable course of action.
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

once after reading the different delimilter files , the idea is to write to dataset and from there to do tranformations accordingly.
thanks n regards
nani
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Is the dataset target to be in a common format? Or will the datasets be different for each file?

Is it possible to load them to a current format?
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

i t will be dufferent format based on invocation id or in some cases may be same
thanks n regards
nani
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

So you will have to create a schema for each file that you wish to read.

You can apply this schema on the sequential file stage with RCP on and load the data directly into a dataset. Keep in mind that you will have to parameterise file and dataset names, as well as the schema names, and call these accordingly from your sequence.