Issue with creation of score file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Hi,
I'm trying to run a job but it fails. The error is "node_node9: broadcastStepIR: unable to create score file /tmp/APTps5859404d8d96fe on node node9;Permission denied". Similar errors for the rest 7 nodes.

On the unix side, my id has been mapped to dsadm credentials. and /tmp folder has all 775 rights (owner is dsadm).

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks. Sriram
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Under what user ID does the job run? To which groups does this user ID belong? Is that the group associated with /tmp?

It's more usual to have /tmp writable by everyone.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Ray,
The job runs under my id through datastage. The credentials of my id are mapped to dsadm. So on th eunix, dsadm is running the job. The folder /tmp has permissions set to 775. The owner of /tmp is "dsadm" and it is mapped to the dstage group as well.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just as a test, login to a UNIX shell as dsadm, and try "touch /tmp/testfile.txt" - does that work? Also, if there are any files in the /tmp directory starting with APT... who are their owners?
krishnuka123
Participant

Post by krishnuka123 »

Before run the job, Should check all permission are granted for file and Folder at UNIX level. 8)

/tmp folder has all 777 rights (owner is dsadm).
M.K.Madhav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Interesting - it was 775 a few posts back. Have you tried running the job since the permissions were changed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.