How to read sequential file created by parallel in server jo

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to read sequential file created by parallel in server jo

Post by DataDoctor »

I have a PX job which creates sequential file. I am using this file in server job as a source and doing some look up on hash file. Look up is failing because the source sequential file has padded with some control characters because its an Char(10) field and actual value is less than 10 character. Example is given below. Second column in the example is having issue.
"33","INVEST^@^@^@^@","394","21","9","1960-01-01 00:00:33"
Reason we are doing this is beause we just upgraded to EE and some of the reusable jobs are still in server so we have to use those jobs. but the source file will be created by Parallel.

How do we overcome this issue ? I am sure someone might have alrady faced this issue. Please advise.
chowdhury99
Participant

Post by chowdhury99 »

Create tab delimited sequential file, and make data type varchar.

Thanks
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

Check whether your source has these control characters. If yes then remove it before extracting to the file
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Check your APT_STRING_PADCHAR and make sure it is set the same as whatever you had prior to EE. (spaces? set APT_STRING_PADCHAR to 0x20)