How to find what is installed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vincentjeevan
Participant

How to find what is installed

Post by vincentjeevan »

Hi, We have requirement to setup a new DataStage server similar to the one that we already have. Is there a way to findout the list of components / plug-ins / patches installed in the current server? This installation was done long back and there is no documents on plug-ins that are installed and what patches are applied so far. Thanks in advance.
chowdhury99
Participant

Post by chowdhury99 »

If you click Help on DataStage Designer and click "About DataStage Designer", it will popup about Version, Build Number and Other info. At the bottom of the popup there is a clickable , "Show Patch Install History". You may click that get the history [I am talking about DataStage 8.1]

Thanks
vincentjeevan
Participant

Post by vincentjeevan »

chowdhury99 wrote:If you click Help on DataStage Designer and click "About DataStage Designer", it will popup about Version, Build Number and Other info. At the bottom of the popup there is a clickable , "Show Patch Install History". You may click that get the history [I am talking about DataStage 8.1]

Thanks
Hi, The option "Show Patch Install History" is not available in 7.5.2. Is there any other way to get it? Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There should be a file called patchlist on the server - from memory it's in the DSEngine directory.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.