warning free job.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

warning free job.

Post by meet_deb85 »

Hi All,

Acutally we are trying to remove warning from the jobs and most of our tagets are DB2 Enterprise Stages and we have reject links for Target DB2 and reject records if any,goes to seq. Flie Stage.

Here in Seq file we are facing warning and unable to remove,its related to null handling and i m unable to handle nulll to each and every columns because it is not decable. Anyhow i have defined Null Field Value='' in Format tab but its not working for Char.My warning Message is

Code: Select all

fsqCemPhoDsposChngRej: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "DSPOS_SBCT_CDE": "null_field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (6)
So is there any way to remove these warnings.

Regards
Deb
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Set your null field value to

"      "
(6 spaces). Your message comes from the fact that your null field specification and actual field lengths are not the same.
meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by meet_deb85 »

ArndW wrote:Set your null field value to

"      "
(6 spaces). Your message comes from the fact that your null field specification and actual field lengths are not the same.
Thanks for your reply,but i have other columns whose datatype is Char of 2 lenght and others have char(6), so how can i handle null in this..?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Char(2) columns must have a Null Field Value containing precisely two characters, even if they're space characters. Char(6) columns must have a Null Field Value containing precisely six characters, even if they're space characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.