Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lkganta
Participant

Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT Error

Post by lkganta »

Hi I have a DS sequence job which internally invokes 3 more jobs. I am able to run the sequence job from the DS-Designer fine. But when I tried to run it from the UNIX command line with help of 'dsjob' it gives me the below error.

Error running job
Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT

I tried to find the same error from the group but there is no help for this specific error. Can some one help me with this error.

Thank you,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Strange, an exact search for "Status code = -14" got 11 hits, some of which had DSJE_TIMEOUT as well. And if you search for just "-14" got 333 hits and if you search for just "timeout" got 719 hits. What was your search criterion?

At least some of these will help you to realise that there are three common causes: server overloaded, database locks, resource not ready.

Given your scenario, I'd be inclined to suggest that you have very many jobs in your particular project; searching for one particular job can not be completed in time. But that may be because of heavily loaded server; Designer, of course, already knows where the job is, because it has it open.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
afischers
Participant

Re: Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT Error

Post by afischers »

lkganta wrote:Hi I have a DS sequence job which internally invokes 3 more jobs. I am able to run the sequence job from the DS-Designer fine. But when I tried to run it from the UNIX command line with help of 'dsjob' it gives me the below error.

Error running job
Status code = -14 DSJE_TIMEOUT

I tried to find the same error from the group but there is no help for this specific error. Can some one help me with this error.

Thank you,
Hi,

Some months ago I receive same error when number of phantom processes on UNIX reached 130 processes (number of processes can be different depending machine configuration). Could you check number of phantom processes running when you receive -14 error (ps -ef | grep phantom | wc)? Could you check if dsjob works if number phantom process decrease ?
Anderson Fischer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The reason and solution for this -14 timeout error has been posted here many, many (many) times. Anyone still unclear about it should just... exact search.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers