FileSet Format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

FileSet Format

Post by myukassign »

Can anyone help tell me how to define a file set control file (.fs file). I simply created a fileset by giving the full path of a file I want to read, but got this error, cany anyone help. I am talking about normal fileset stage, not lookup fileset.

File_Set_10: In file set "/etl_dev/bfp/PAAM/TESTDIR/myset.fs": Error at line 1 in file set; file entry must have a hostname: /etl_dev/bfp/PAAM/TESTDIR/Source1.txt.

Wht should be the format to define a file set.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

What i understood is that there is a sequential file which you like to be read from a fileset stage and you are wondering how to define the *.fs file.

If my understanding is right then here is how i can help

the *.fs file is not defined by the developer when you create the file set DataStage creates the *.fs file . If you want to read data using fileset stage then create a job which reads the data using sequential stage and then write it to fileset stage.

Hope it helps
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Precise!

Thanks mate. My understanding was wrong and its clear now.
Saradha
Participant

Reading from Fileset

Post by Saradha »

Hi,could you please tell me where the *.fs created will be stored?how can i view it?

Thanks!
Saradhamani.M
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Exactly where you specify.

Looks like no one wants to read the basics in IBM Information Server documentation. This is not fair.
Kandy