Schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Schema

Post by pklcnu »

Dear Experts

I had a problem loading the special characters using the oracle enterprise stage. The special characters are loading fine without using the run time column propogation and without using the schema file definitions. I have mentioned the charset value to project NLS default value in the schema file definition aswell but still the special characters not loading properly.

I have included the NL_LANG value in dsenv file and checked the oracle_cs.txt file they look fine . But still the special characters are not getting loaded with schema file definitions and run time column propagation in place. I have huge number of one to one load files that's why i am using the runtime column propogation.

Please let me know where I am going wrong and why the special characters are loading properly if i don't use the schema file definitions?

Many Thanks
pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Schema

Post by pklcnu »

Any help please..............thanks
pklcnu wrote:Dear Experts

I had a problem loading the special characters using the oracle enterprise stage. The special characters are loading fine without using the run time column propogation and without using the schema file definitions. I have mentioned the charset value to project NLS default value in the schema file definition aswell but still the special characters not loading properly.

I have included the NL_LANG value in dsenv file and checked the oracle_cs.txt file they look fine . But still the special characters are not getting loaded with schema file definitions and run time column propagation in place. I have huge number of one to one load files that's why i am using the runtime column propogation.

Please let me know where I am going wrong and why the special characters are loading properly if i don't use the schema file definitions?

Many Thanks
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

What characteristics are you giving the fields in the schema file? Varchar?
pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pklcnu »

The data type in the schema file is 'String'.
Once asked the question , I was wondering if the string datatype supports the special characters or not ?

But not sure what is the equivalent of Nvarchar in schema file ?

Any help is much appreicated .

Thanks

ShaneMuir wrote:What characteristics are you giving the fields in the schema file? Varchar?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The schema equivalent of NVarChar(k) is ustring[max=k]
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please give an example of what you consider a "special character", with both the symbol and the numeric character value. Strings can contain any character and have no inherent restrictions, you just need to declare the correct character set in order for the string contents to be correctly interpreted.
pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pklcnu »

Thanks very much every one.......the trick of changing the datatype from String to Ustring worked........

Thanks once again everyone for your valuable time and support......
ray.wurlod wrote:The schema equivalent of NVarChar(k) is ustring[max=k] ...