Re-creating the job sequence with all the jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

Hi,

A master sequence which consists of 50 Sub-sequence is failing on daily basis due to controller problem. I need to copy and create the master sequence as a new master sequence ie, all the jobs (around 500 jobs) and Job sequence needs to be copied and re-created. Please advice the easiest process to achieve this.
Vignesh Kumar N
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What controller problem? If your controller is the sequence and the controller problem is being caused by an overloaded server, making an identical copy is not going to solve anything. You must first address the cause of the problems, the solution to which will probably involve being more selective about which activities to run concurrently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

Ray, I am getting error msg as "general repository interface 'other error'" in sequence and job level at times. I have searched inthis forum and found jobs need to be copied and renamed. Since I have more jobs, i need easiest way to acheive this.

let me know if you have any questions.
Vignesh Kumar N
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unless you have been strict about which folders you store components in, there is no easy way.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vikibemech
Participant

Post by vikibemech »

Folders that you mean is Repository where jobs are located. I am aware of the location where jobs are saved and job needs to be re-created.
Vignesh Kumar N