Datastage Derivations

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basheer
Participant

Datastage Derivations

Post by basheer »

I am using DS 7.x.x version, I have 3000 jobs and most of the jobs are with the transformation ( medium and complex) and I would like to get the DERIVATION part that is used in all 3000 jobs at one go.

Is there any command that is available that can be triggered from ADMIN / from ds.tools or from SDK / of from utilities?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Basheer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, there is no command that will let you do this. Your best bet is to take a .dsx or .xml export and process that. What do you mean by "get the derivation part in one go"?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

You could create a script that loops through the output of dsjob -ljobs for the project and, for each, uses dsjob to generate the job report.

Sure this contains more information than the derivations but, at least, they're in there. If you generate an XML format report you can use any XML parser (even a DataStage job) to isolate the derivations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.