Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compilation Error

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I had a job which had couple of odbc stages and a transformer stage. I had 104 output links from a transformer and when I tried to compile the job it is throwing the error

IIS-DSEE-TFCM-00005 11:46:33(000) <main_program> Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier(): APT_TRinput0Rec99 (ComparisonMart_Attribute_Diff_PNA1_ee_20100330.Xfom_PNA1Attr)

I modified the job I had the second transformer after first transformer and first transformer it had 100 output links and second had 4 output links . Now the job compiled successfully. My question is, is there a limit on number of output links from a transformer stage. Because in my case it is handling only 100 output links and if it is more than that it is throwing above error and I did a work around as I mentioned by adding another transformer it is compiling fine with out errors.

Thanks,
Raju
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a limit, but it's not 100.

Your problem was the duplicate identifier, as the error message reported.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

There is no duplicate. I tested with so many things like keeping 99 output links and it worked fine and If I had extra link that it is throwing an error and it is simple links and with no complex logic at all, and the error it shows is misleading and as I mentioned it is limit that is causing the issue and If I have same logic that I had in previous links in second transformer it is working fine. Any how thanks once again.

Thanks,
Raju
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can determine the limit by reviewing the Transformer stage properties in DS_STAGETYPES. Last time I looked the limit on links to a Transformer stage was 127. Hmm, might need to look again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Thanks for the information Ray.
somaraju