Lookup error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smitageorge
Participant

Lookup error

Post by smitageorge »

Hi all,

I am having this error message
lkp_group,0: Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 3; no further warnings will be issued for this table
I know that i am getting this error message due to the duplicate entry,but i just want to know is there anyway i can overcome this.

Thanks
smita
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You need to either deduplicate your lookup stream by providing a better SQL select or pushing it through a remove duplicates stage or improve the lookup key fields to add an extra mapping field that will gaurantee your lookup is unique or review the lookup data to see if the source table has duplicates it is not supposed to have.
vsurap
Participant

Post by vsurap »

If you are trying to get a Cartesian product then use a Join Stage.
or
You can use the message handler to suppress the warning from the logs, but in my opinion it is not a best practice
or
As vmcburney said, remove duplicates from your Lookup stream
smitageorge
Participant

Post by smitageorge »

vsurap wrote:If you are trying to get a Cartesian product then use a Join Stage.
or
You can use the message handler to suppress the warning from the logs, but in my opinion it is not a best practice
or
As vmcburney said, remove duplicates from your Lookup stream
I dont have any duplicates in the lookup stream,but there are duplicates in the source.

Thanks
smita
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Hi smita i am also having the same problem.

Thanks
sam
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to select your link as 'Multiple rows returend from the link' from Lookup stage condtition tab.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

smitageorge wrote:I dont have any duplicates in the lookup stream,but there are duplicates in the source.
Oh, yes you do! Further, it's on the first processing node (number 0) in your configuration file. Otherwise DataStage would not have reported "lkp_group,0: Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 3"
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kool78
Participant

Post by kool78 »

i had the same problem:

Try to select your link as 'Multiple rows returned from the link' for the reference link in Lookup stage condtition tab which returns multiple rows with same values.

It would solve your problem.
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

I have many lookup links... How can I know which link to select.... It is not in log ....
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

I have many lookup links... How can I know which link to select.... It is not in log .... And I am getting Ignoring duplicate warning for 5 times..
JSWARBRI
Participant

Post by JSWARBRI »

wittyme wrote:I have many lookup links... How can I know which link to select.... It is not in log .... And I am getting Ignoring duplicate warning for 5 times..
You can only select one link when choosing the option "Multiple rows returned from link".

If more than one link is producing this warning, you either have to de-duplicate on the problematic links or use one lookup stage per lookup file and select the Multiple Rows option for each.

If only one link is producing this warning, then to identify which link is causing the warning, you can just select this option for the first link in the drop down list and test it. If this doesn't work, move onto the next link and test..... so on and so forth. Long winded I know, but I can't think of another way to identify the specific link.

Hope this helps.
John