How to get the rid of Warning messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketanshah123
Participant

How to get the rid of Warning messages

Post by ketanshah123 »

Hi

In my job I am extracting data from oracle tables and inserting it into sql server tables. I am getting following warning messages .. any idea how to resolved it ?

Oracle_Enterprise_5,0: Column POUNDS floating point decimal is not fully supported; adjusting the scale. [orautils.C:2383]

Thanx in advance
gssr
Participant

Re: How to get the rid of Warning messages

Post by gssr »

ketanshah123 wrote:Hi

In my job I am extracting data from oracle tables and inserting it into sql server tables. I am getting following warning messages .. any idea how to resolved it ?

Oracle_Enterprise_5,0: Column POUNDS floating point decimal is not fully supported; adjusting the scale. [orautils.C:2383]

Thanx in advance
You can supress the Warning message using the Message handler,

Hope this help you,
viewtopic.php?t=132459&highlight=floati ... +supported
RAJ
ketanshah123
Participant

Post by ketanshah123 »

In my job s there are more 25 columns for which I am getting this warning message so how do I supposed to use message handler?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

go to the director, click on one of the warning messages, the right-mouse click and choose "add rule to message handler" to get the window where you can choose your settings.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

That will add the message handler for an individual job. If you want to have that message mapped to informational (my recommendation) for all jobs in a project then do the same thing (add it to a message handler) and then have the administrator add that message handler as the default message handler for the entire project in the admin client.

You can only have one default message handler for a project, so I'd name it something generic like "Project_MH" because it may get additional rules later.

By the way - don't go crazy with mapping stuff to informational - this is one of the rare messages that it is a reasonable solution to stop the warnings. Most warnings are there for a reason and can be resolved without using the message handler.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020