View adapter has a binding for the non-existent destination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

View adapter has a binding for the non-existent destination

Post by abc123 »

I have a transformer stage followed by a lookup stage. I get the warning on the lookup stage. Obviously, this column does not exist anywhere in the lookup stage or a previous stage. However, when I look at the generated OSH, it does exist in there for lookup stage. How can that be?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Obviously it does exist, as your inspection of the generated OSH reveals.

Has this job been modified from an earlier one, perhaps using copy/paste?

Without seeing your job design and/or generated OSH it's not possible to offer any more advice - you will need to do some detective work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

This column did exist before but was deleted. I don't see this column in the input/output tabs of any stages in the entire job. My job is:
TD Enterprise ->Xfm->Lookup

The warning comes on the lookup. Is there any other information that I can provide?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you force re-compile the job? A regular compile does not re-compile an unchanged Transformer stage, so this may have hung on to its record schemas.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Yes, I did force re-compile. Result is the same. I still get the warning. I would think that, this is a pretty commonly encountered issue, apparently it is not. I see only 5 posts when I do a search on this.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Ok, I solved the problem but I don't know why. I was using a dataset stage for look up. I saved the column definition of the dataset. I then deleted the dataset and added a new dataset stage in its place. I then re-imported the saved table definition. This time, I don't get the warning and I don't see it in the generated OSH. Here are the General Options section of the old and new OSHs:

Old OSH:
## General options
[ident('lkp_One'); jobmon_ident('lkp_One')]
## Inputs
7< [view (
COL_a=KEY1;
COL2=KEY2;
COL3=KEY3;

New OSH:
## General options
[ident('lkp_One'); jobmon_ident('lkp_One')]
## Inputs
7< [view (
COL2=KEY2;
COL3=KEY3;

PL. NOTE: I removed from #0 through #6.

Col_a was the one causing the warning. This simply does not make any sense. Ray or anyone, can you shed some light on this?
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pneumalin »

I thought this problem only showed up in DataStage Windows 7.5.x2 version, I have never encountered the same problem in my current environment AIX 5.3 DataStage 7.5.2. Could you please tell us what's your OS and DS version? I believe it's time to open a case with IBM now.
This problem is caused by the UV Database somehow fails to refresh he schema record layout stored in it when a column is deleted from designer, especially when the RCP is enabled. Remove the problematic stage and rebuild them in the same job will sometime fix the problem. If not, renaming the job to the other name will help. If NOT again, the job needs to be rebuilt.
thesri
Participant

Post by thesri »

pneumalin wrote:I thought this problem only showed up in DataStage Windows 7.5.x2 version, I have never encountered the same problem in my current environment AIX 5.3 DataStage 7.5.2. Could you please tell us what's your OS and DS version? I believe it's time to open a case with IBM now.
This problem is caused by the UV Database somehow fails to refresh he schema record layout stored in it when a column is deleted from designer, especially when the RCP is enabled. Remove the problematic stage and rebuild them in the same job will sometime fix the problem. If not, renaming the job to the other name will help. If NOT again, the job needs to be rebuilt.
I am facing the similar issue.I am working on Datastage 8.1 and AIX.
Any inputs on the above issue would be great.