Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G.K.K
Participant

Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable

Post by G.K.K »

Hi,

I am getting the below warning message for every job that i execute in parallel, please help me in fixing it.

main_program: Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable (/opt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine) does not appear to be a synonym for the current working directory (/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/TE). The current working directory will be used, but if your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, you should set your PWD environment variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.

Thanks in Advance
G.K.K

[* Note: Title changed to describe actual problem - Andy *]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I suspect the answer lies in your APT_CONFIG file, please post it.
G.K.K
Participant

Post by G.K.K »

ArndW wrote:I suspect the answer lies in your APT_CONFIG file, please post it. ...
Thanks ArndW for reply, can you please say how do i have to fix this issue.

Thanks
G.K.K
G.K.K
Participant

Post by G.K.K »

ArndW wrote:I suspect the answer lies in your APT_CONFIG file, please post it. ...
please find the below configuration file that i used in datastage 7.5.2:
{
node "node1"
{
fastname "nt1"
pools ""
resource disk "/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}
node "node2"
{
fastname "nt1"
pools ""
resource disk "/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Datasets" {pools ""}
resource scratchdisk "/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch" {pools ""}
}
}
nikhilanshuman
Participant

Re: How to fix the Warning message in Parallel

Post by nikhilanshuman »

G.K.K wrote:Hi,

I am getting the below warning message for every job that i execute in parallel, please help me in fixing it.

main_program: Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable (/opt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine) does not appear to be a synonym for the current working directory (/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/TE). The current working directory will be used, but if your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, you should set your PWD environment variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.

Thanks in Advance
G.K.K

You will have to create a user defined environment variable "PWD" and set its value to a dot(".").

You can also set the value of PWD to "/opt/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/TE".

I was also getting this warning.After setting this env variable in Datastage Administrator,the warning went away.
Nikhil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The error is not, as I had somehow thought from the error message, in the configuration file. What flavor of UNIX are you working on, while the posted suggestion should work I've never had to explicitly set this value as normally the working directory value is set correctly by the OS.
G.K.K
Participant

Post by G.K.K »

ArndW wrote:The error is not, as I had somehow thought from the error message, in the configuration file. What flavor of UNIX are you working on, while the posted suggestion should work I've never had to explicitly set this value as normally the working directory value is set correctly by the OS.
I am working with Korn shell.
Thanks
G.K.K
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What UNIX platform are you on?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As a workaround I set up PWD as a user-defined environment in the project, with a default value of . (that is, the current directory).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.