Job control process (pid 2100) has failed ?????

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

Job control process (pid 2100) has failed ?????

Post by kaushal.kumar@igate.com »

Hi,
I am calling one job inside other job.
My child job is giving warning Job control process (pid 2100) has failed and gets aborted.
Please advice how to resolve this :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not just from that message... how exactly are you 'calling one job inside another job'? Are there any other messages logged, parent or child?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

chulett wrote:Not just from that message... how exactly are you 'calling one job inside another job'? Are there any other messages logged, parent or child? ...
i am passing parameter value ,parameter name ,job name to a routine and i am using this routine inside a transformer of parents job.
in parents job i got a message child job gets aborted and in child job i am getting Job control process (pid 2100) has failed.
Please advice :(
kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

kaushal.kumar@igate.com wrote:
chulett wrote:Not just from that message... how exactly are you 'calling one job inside another job'? Are there any other messages logged, parent or child? ...
i am passing parameter value ,parameter name ,job name to a routine and i am using this routine inside a transformer of parents job.
in parents job i got a message child job gets aborted and in child job i am getting Job control process (pid 2100) has failed.
Please advice :(

i am waiting for responce :(
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Hi Kaushal,
I faced the same problem.
As I had the dsx file of the job I re-imported the job and then It was run successfully. You can re-create the job or re-import it.
Tejas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kaushal.kumar@igate.com wrote:i am waiting for responce :(
There is nothing to compel anyone on DSXchange to respond to any post - it is an all-volunteer site and members post when and if they can.

If they don't it may be that they don't have anything to add or, (quite unlikely) that they feel offended by something.

If you're in the business of demanding responses, then the appropriate target of your demands is your official support provider, who you are paying to respond to your issues.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:
There is nothing to compel anyone on DSXchange to respond to any post - it is an all-volunteer site and members post when and if they can.

If they don't it may be that they don't have anything to add or, (quite unlikely) that they feel offended by something.

If you're in the business of demanding responses, then the appropriate target of your demands is your official support provider, who you are paying to respond to your issues.
Hi ray...i was not taking about any demanding responce..i just want advice from any one so that i can come out from my doubt.You took it in different way,i know i am not paying any one .

Thanks tehavele for your sugestion.
kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

kaushal.kumar@igate.com wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:

Hi ray...i was not taking about any demanding responce..i just want advice from any one so that i can come out from my doubt.You took it in different way,i know i am not paying any one .

Thanks tehavele for your sugestion.
Thanks every one :)