SIGSEGV Issue Using Lookup Stage for Range Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tgeorge
Participant

SIGSEGV Issue Using Lookup Stage for Range Lookup

Post by tgeorge »

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to be asking about a SIGSEGV issue as I know the question has been asked many times because I used the search button. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any help.

We are using DataStage 8.1. I am attempting to do a lookup using a range. The input file contains a number, an ID and two date columns (START and END date). The lookup file contains the number and ONE date. I would like to compare the number and START / END date from the input file to the number and a TRANSACTION date in the lookup file. I then want to pass through the corresponding ID from the source file.

All lookups are done using datasets. The datasets contain "not null" columns. I have no idea why this is not working, as it seems very basic to me and the SIGSEGV error is not helpful.

If anyone else has run into this before, please help! Thanks!
"A minute of <B>anger</B> or <B>sadness</B> is <B>60 seconds</B> of <B>happiness wasted.</B>
Vinothbaskaran
Participant

Post by Vinothbaskaran »

use APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION parameter and set it to true in your job.
Vinothbaskaran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there a large volume of reference data?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tgeorge
Participant

Post by tgeorge »

Yes, Ray, there is a very large volume of reference data.
"A minute of <B>anger</B> or <B>sadness</B> is <B>60 seconds</B> of <B>happiness wasted.</B>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Lookup stage needs to load the entire reference data set into memory. It would appear that you don't have enough memory for this. You need to re-think your design - perhaps load the reference data set into a database table and perform the BETWEEN join there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.