Replacing lookup with Joiner

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deva
Participant

Replacing lookup with Joiner

Post by deva »

Hi I am joining two tables , If I use lookup stage, due to volume of data it getting aborted, because of data limit is exceeding 4 gb.

that is why I am replacing Joiner over there. If I use joiner I am getting warning and job getting fail.

error
Join_67: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "BSNS_SGMNT_ID" to field "BSNS_SGMNT_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur;
use a modify operator to specify the value to which the null should be converted.

for the BSNS_SGMNT_ID column left link is not null , right link is null (yes)
we are doing left outer join.

If I use lookup some times job getting success.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Replacing lookup with Joiner

Post by vivekgadwal »

deva wrote:Hi I am joining two tables , If I use lookup stage, due to volume of data it getting aborted, because of data limit is exceeding 4 gb.

that is why I am replacing Joiner over there. If I use joiner I am getting warning and job getting fail.

error
Join_67: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "BSNS_SGMNT_ID" to field "BSNS_SGMNT_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur;
use a modify operator to specify the value to which the null should be converted.

for the BSNS_SGMNT_ID column left link is not null , right link is null (yes)
we are doing left outer join.

If I use lookup some times job getting success.
Think about it - if you are doing a left outer join and a column in the left link is NOT NULLABLE, then why would you want that to be NULL in the output of the join stage? Have it as NOT NULL too.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
deva
Participant

Post by deva »

both source and lookup both are not null columns but no records are inserting into database. if I run the job using lookup records are inserting
deva
Participant

Post by deva »

both source and lookup both are not null columns but no records are inserting into database. if I run the job using lookup records are inserting.

when I replacing lookup with join do i need to modify anything?
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Any output columns coming from the right side of your join need to be nullable.

On the input side, the columns on which you are joining should be non-nullable.

Also make sure your partitioning is the same for both input streams
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Kryt0n wrote:Any output columns coming from the right side of your join need to be nullable.

On the input side, the columns on which you are joining should be non-nullable.

Also make sure your partitioning is the same for both input streams
Right...Keeping the partitioning scheme to Auto for a Join stage should do Key partition automatically. However, it is also a good practice if you explicitly mention the key partition.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted