Fatal Error: Invalid character encountered in table XXXX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mchaves
Participant

Fatal Error: Invalid character encountered in table XXXX

Post by mchaves »

Hi All,

I'm getting a very weird error when trying to populate an oracle table from a dataset using the load method with truncate. The error is "Fatal Error: Invalid character encountered in table XXX". I've tried a lot of things to get around this problem. One was to use a text file instead of dataset but I got the same error BUT when I chose upsert as the write mode, the job worked. Any ideas on what's going on? My problem is not resolved yet because I need to truncate the table before loading data into it and uspsert doesn't have this option.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
A bad fishing day is much better than a great day at work
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What database are you loading with which method and do you NLS turned on. What is the character set of the database table and, if it is oracle, what are your environment NLS settings for it?
mchaves
Participant

Post by mchaves »

Found the issue. In the oracle enterprize stage, the table name property had an additional character at the end of the table name. I reckon it was char(13), so I deleted the character and the issue is resolved. I knew it should be something silly.

Thanks anyways.

Cheers
A bad fishing day is much better than a great day at work
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... you'll also get something like this when a job parameter is used there and it is not properly specified so doesn't get resolved. Oracle doesn't like the left over hash/pound signs then. :wink:

Please mark your post as Resolved using the button at the top of the page.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers