Close Command on DB2 Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mjgmc
Participant

Close Command on DB2 Enterprise Stage

Post by mjgmc »

Hello,

I'd like to run stats after my Load inside the DB2 Enterprise Stage. The problem is that the Database is DB2 DPF (partitionned) but the indexes are global, so if I keep the Stage in Parallel mode and use the option Statistics=stats_all, it aborts with a deadlock from DB2.

I thought to run the stats on the Close Command. But it seems this command is just dismissed, because no matter what I write on it, the job always finishes OK, but the Close Command doesn't run. I even tried to put "toto" inside, and it has the same behaviour.

Can anyone tell me what to do so this command be correctly sent to db2, please?

Thanks.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

think you might need a after job routine to execute to gather the stats.
DS consultant.
mjgmc
Participant

Post by mjgmc »

John Smith wrote:think you might need a after job routine to execute to gather the stats.
Yes, that would be an option if we were allowed to do it. Internal rules : No before/after routines.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't have one, you can't have the other. Tell "them" who imposed this stupid restriction, and use a Routine activity instead.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Griffin07
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Close Command on DB2 Enterprise Stage

Post by Griffin07 »

Can you tell me how to use a routine to do a runstats on a DB2 mainframe table. We are in v8 on AIX, and we load a table in DB2 using the zloader stage, but now I need to do a runstats before the next DataStage jobs try and pull data from the table we just laoded.

thanks
mjgmc
Participant

Post by mjgmc »

We opened a case at IBM and they provided us a patch.

Seems to work fine, now.