Problem creating a Parallel Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sohasaid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem creating a Parallel Routine

Post by sohasaid »

Hi,

I have a problem creating a parallel routine using 8x Client on Unix OS, every time i try to create a new routine it gave me the following error messages:

1- Run time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argment

2- Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

I have re-installed the client, but the problem persists, then I have searched for similar issues on dsxcahnge, and applied couple of them, however; they didn't help me solving it.

Anyone can help

Thank you,
Soha :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not nearly enough information for someone to help without guessing. :?

Tell us exactly how you are creating / using this 'parallel routine', exactly where/when you are getting the errors you posted and what things you tried from the other posts you found. Oh, and it would probably help to know what this routine is meant to do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

here you might get enough information about parallel routines :-

http://issaq-infomania.blogspot.com/
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
sohasaid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sohasaid »

Thank you for your replies,

Basically the error appears when using my datastage Designer Client 8.1 to create a new parallel routine. I have no problem with my c++ code compilation and its deployment on the datastage server.

but, i just could not link the '.o' file to the routine, because as i mentioned i can't create a new routine in the first place.

I have previously solved the same exact issue on 8.0 Client version, by downloading is_801.fp1a.win.ispkg fix pack.

Anyone know how to get the equivalent fix pack for 8.1? and also, anyone know how to compile or save a routine using command line? (e.g. as compiling a datastage job from the command line)

Thank you in advance :)