Dataset strange behaviour

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohiddin
Participant

Dataset strange behaviour

Post by mohiddin »

We have one dataset path set in the config file . All the datasets r going to the path mentioned in the config file.

But some datasets are going to a different dataset path mentioned in the default config file.

Please help me on this.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I assume you have different config files. At runtime the value of $APT_CONFIG_FILE determines which file is used, either the default as set in DSParams or a value passed in to the job with this parameter.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can only happen if those jobs are using a non-default configuration file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mohiddin
Participant

Post by mohiddin »

we are using the config file mentioned in the administrator... there the correct config file only we have mentioned.... but some dataset data files are going to the default installed path location for datasets... like /datastage/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Datasets but we have mentioned in the config file the path.... /Data/rsrc
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Probably some of your jobs aren't using or getting passed the $APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter.