Distributed Transaction Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreedhar
Participant

Distributed Transaction Stage

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

I am trying to implement (Distributed Transaction Stage )DTS in V8.1.
I get the following error when I run the job.

Any Idea of what is going wrong.

1) Warning:Distributed_Transaction_14,0: The Distributed Transaction Stage does not have a status link.

2) Error : Failed to open MQ server library, dlopen() method call failed with error code: 20, error message: 'Not a directory'
3) Error: Distributed_Transaction_14,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
Job Description.

Just for the testing purpose I am using a flat file and DTS Stage and doing an update operation on a single table.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I've only used it in conjunction with MQ and an rdbms.... can you describe your ultimate objective?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

My objective is to see if the update will happen or not on a single data base.
If it does then I will test on two data bases(Tables). And see if one fails the other transaction is rolled back.

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

Can we split the MQ and DTS JOBS.
What I mean by that is.

I want to read from MQ and write to DS/Flat file.(one Job)

use Flat file to DTS (Second Job)

Does this setup still treat as unit of work from MQ to DTS.

i.e if the DTS fails to update/insert then MQ message is rolled back or sent to reject queue

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Yes... I haven't done it with the new DTS (this is an old technique that works for MQ plugin in server jobs with "similar" concept and flow), but it is designed in that fashion.... ...the key is in the source MQ Connector....you provide a "work queue"....the message is moved to that work queue under an MQ transaction....and then the MQID for that work queue message is carried forward and used (sometime later) with DTS....it could be later in the same job, or two days and two jobs later......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>