version 7 and 8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratna
Participant

version 7 and 8

Post by ratna »

Hi all,

im just curious, can datastage version 7 and 8 installed in the same server?

Thx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, at least according to IBM. The version 7 installation must, however, be an -itag installation using a non-default memory key.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

Hi Ray, can you please expand a little bit on your answer.

I have a 7.5.2 install on a linux box, Do I need to do something special during the install if I want to run ver 8 on the same server without uninstalling ver 7.5

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you have installed 7.5 with the default memory key ("ade") you will need to change this. I vaguely recall that there are some scripts for doing this associated with the product. If there isn't, then you will need to re-install version 7.5 with the -itag option.

You will also need to use different dsrpcd port numbers (31538 and something else).

Version 8 insists on "ade" as its memory key.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's my understanding that version 8.0 must be installed with "ade" itag. This may have been relaxed for version 8.1. I can't check at the moment - why not ask your official support provider?
sarjushah
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sarjushah »

Let me check with IBM. I will post what I find.
We pay them a boat load each year for support . got to use it sometime

Thanks