datastage- java pack

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavan_test
Premium Member
Premium Member

datastage- java pack

Post by pavan_test »

Hi All,

I am working on a etl job using java pack. I have test.java program that I wrote. Can someone please tell me know how do I compile this program
into .class
where do I find the java classpath on etl server v8.1.

Thanks
mark
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

check out the examples at my blog below....table of contents in the upper right...look for info on integrating java with DataStage....

...and search this forum...there are several of us that work with java and DataStage a lot and have thoughts and answers to other threads....

Your JavaClass interacts directly with the DataStage engine...it can "read" rows from input links and it can "write" rows to output links...as a row arrives, your java class is given control. This is done by designing your class with several specifically named methods, and compiling it with the datastage javapack API. It is well documented and you will find resources as noted above.

Let us know if you have other questions as you move forward.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
pavan_test
Premium Member
Premium Member

datastage - javapack

Post by pavan_test »

I was able to locate the classpath. when I compile the java program it is giving me errors such as
package com.ascentialsoftware.jds does not exist

can someone please suggest me.

Thanks
Mark
josejohny
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: datastage - javapack

Post by josejohny »

Add jar file into /<server>/etl/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/tr4j.jar class path.

Thanks
Jose
Thanks & Regards
Jose Johny
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies |Bangalore
"Life is a process of cultivating goodness & removing evilness"