Sequential file on Datastage 8.0 running on Unix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequential file on Datastage 8.0 running on Unix

Post by cooperjv »

I have a parallel job which should read a file which is on a windows share but mounted on UNIX on which datastage runs. When I click View Data from the Output properties tab the file opens and I can see the data.

However when I run the job I get this message
Seq_GHM,0: Unable to open /mnt/edw/infosys/EBI_Work/EJ_LogA_665.txt: No such file or directory.

I can also log on to UNIX and view the file but I still get this error Message'

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Joseph
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How is this drive mounted? Is it mounted per session or at a system level and is available to all users? You can try to add a before-job UNIX call and execute 'ls -al /mnt/edw/infosys/EBI_Work/' to see if that directory is available and what the access rights to it are, as seen by the DataStage runtime process.
cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cooperjv »

Hi Arndw,

Thanks for the reply. The drive is accessable to all users. As I had mentioned I can view the data in the file with View Data as well as in UNIX. I am however new to UNIX, Could you please explain what the UNIX commnad you suggested does.

Thanks

Joseph
cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cooperjv »

Hi Arndw,

I am sorry I should have explained myself better. I can view the file in UNIX when I log on with the user id and password of the account that I use for datastage. I would like to know what The list command that you suggested would do.

Thanks

Joseph
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is a simple "ls" command, but if the drive is not mounted or not accessible at runtime the error message might assist in finding out the cause of your problem.
cooperjv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cooperjv »

Hi ArndW,

Thanks for the tip. With your help I could find out that the drive was not accessable.

Joseph