mload.exe process hanging up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sivatkv
Participant

mload.exe process hanging up

Post by Sivatkv »

Hi,

We have been facing an issue with Mload stage in our parallel jobs. Whenever the job fails, mload process hangs up and is not releasing for quite some time. Also, this process is occupying the most of the CPU making the server very slow.

As a result of this, other people are not able to run their jobs successfully. To avoid this, we need to login into the server machine and manually kill the mload.exe. Even after this we are supposed to wait for the table to get release from mload.

I would like to know if there is any resolution for such problems. Killing the process by logging into the server machine everytime is very tedious.

I would request to provide a solution for this problem or let me know if there are any settings to be done specifically on Mload stage.

Thanks in Advance,
Siva
Regards,
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you undertaken a Search of DSXchange for this issue? If so, what did you find?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sivatkv
Participant

Post by Sivatkv »

Hi,

I found in one of the post that to run the query "release mload <tablename>".

But this didnt helped us much.

Thanks,
Siva
Regards,
Siva