How to Identify and replace CLOUD (U+2601)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to Identify and replace CLOUD (U+2601)

Post by pklcnu »

Dear Experts

The source data that I have contains the special character (symbol) ' CLOUD (U+2601) ☁ ' which needs to be replaced with ' xyz' .

How should I achieve this ? I am aware of convert function but not sure how to handle this.

FYI this cloud is shown as question mark if I view the data .

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search for the parallel Ereplace() function on DSXchange. You will be replacing one character with three, so Convert() is inappropriate.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pklcnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pklcnu »

Hi Ray , Thanks for your time and reply.

My problem is not with either Convert or Ereplace functions, but copying the cloud symbol in to datastage transformer stage.

I want to write some thing like this.....

Convert('☁','xyz',ColName) but I was unable to copy this cloud symbol for conversion......please help me.

Thanks

ray.wurlod wrote:Search for the parallel Ereplace() function on DSXchange. You will be replacing one character with three, so Convert() is inappropriate. ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

UniChar(2601)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shyam_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shyam_etl »

Hi Ray

Thanks for the reply ,The UniChar function is not available in PX, how to handle this with out using Basic Transformer ?

ray.wurlod wrote:

Code: Select all

UniChar(2601)