Progress Vs DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

Progress Vs DataStage

Post by senthilt1 »

HI All,

could you please suggest me the way to connect Progress Database via DataStage.

Is it possible thro ODBC? Or Is there any other stage that we have in Datastage to connect to the Progress Database.

Thanks,

Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is an ODBC stage for Progress, though it does not ship with DataStage; you will have to obtain it from your progress vendor (or via the web). I am not aware of any dedicated stage type for Progress - certainly none ships with the product, but someone may have created one. None of my clients that use Progress use anything else but ODBC.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LNarayan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LNarayan »

Thanks Ray for the Info.
sagi
Participant

Post by sagi »

Can you let us know whether we would be able to connect to progress database through ODBC enterprise stage?

We tried loading the driver into memory with the help of ivtestlib utility, but it failed with error

"libprocli92.so cannot open shared object file"

Should we install the new libraries for achieving the above connectivity to progress database?
OS - unix
DS version - 8.0
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There are more recent ODBC packs than the one you got with 8.0 - have a look at http://tinyurl.com/dsfixes for instructions on finding hot fixes or a patch for your version of DataStage that reinstalls the ODBC drivers. It looks like it's having problems loading the Progress ODBC library file so check permissions on the directories and files and the PATH settings.