Oracle Enterprise Stage - Rejects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aaryabhatta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise Stage - Rejects

Post by aaryabhatta »

Hi,

My requirement is to load around 200 million reocords to Oracle. I need to capture all the reject records that Oracle will fail to load and continue with the rest of the records.

I have tried using upsert method in Oracle Enterprise Stage (as in Load method we can't have a reject link) in various combination of parameter values (COMMIT_INTERVAL, TIME_INTERVAL, INSERT ARRAY size etc). But the job still aborts, in this case, with the following error.

"Unable to insert a record into the table due to ORA-12899: value too large for column"

I tried identifying these records before Oracle stage in a transformer. But datastage thinks the length is ok.

Can you please suggest a way out to reject them or to let Datastage identify them?

Regards
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

do an exact search on "value too large for column", It happens when you get double byte characters.

To avoid this you can define the column in oracle as nn char instead of nn bytes.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: