Xml stylesheets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saini
Participant

Xml stylesheets

Post by saini »

Hi,

I am parsing a XML with the xml input stage. There are 20 elements in the xml. Currently I am taking only 5 elements from xml and loading in the database. At the end I want that in the current xml those elements which I have processed come in bold or italic. How can we use xml stylesheets to do that.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Lost. You want "bold" and "italics" in your database? Sounds more like HTML than flattened XML to me, is that really what you are after on the output side? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
saini
Participant

Post by saini »

I want the processed elements in italics. Its not in the database. IT will be in the xml only. I will parse the xml and copy the 5 elements to database and from one copy read the complete xml and put the processed elemnts in italics in that. So that after looking into the xml i can differentiate between the processed and unprocessed elements.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Still lost. It seems you want to modify the source XML as part of your database load, which is ok I suppose. However, there are no italics in XML - that takes HTML so your requirements need a little adjusting. Unless I'm being especially dense today. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Confused here too..unless you are saying that you want to send "some" data to a database and "some" to XML (maybe similar or "same" xml) but italicized?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>