agent at nsads-dev2:31531 is not available

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

agent at nsads-dev2:31531 is not available

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi i have created a job which load data from sequential file into database

job flow

SEQ_ FILE ------> ODBC Connector

The job was working fine earlier. but now when i am trying to test the connection i am getting an error stating that.

An Execption occured while trying to send the request to the handler. the agent nsads-dev2:31531 is not available.

can any one help me out.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is nsads-dev2 ? Is this your server name? Can you connect to it from outside of DataStage?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Post by suneelchallagali »

nsads-dev2 is server name. what do you mean by can you connect outside the datastage i dint get it please can you explain in detail

thank you
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I mean use your favourite sql tool, acess or something to connect to the database and see if its up and running.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that all services are running, particularly the WebSphere Application Server and the ASBAgent. That's where port number 31531 gets involved. Check, too, that the machine name nsads-dev can be resolved to an IP address (using ping is sufficient).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.