CDC Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mkkgupta
Premium Member
Premium Member

CDC Warning

Post by mkkgupta »

Hi,

We have a post for this but I felt we do not have enough info on that one.

I am getting following waring when I pull all columns from after dataset as I have not added all columns in explicit keys & values.
However I need all those columns to do another cdc to differentiate two updates. ( second cdc is fine as I added all those columns under explicit values)

warning for first cdc..
cc1: When checking operator: Defaulting "First_Name" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

Appreciated for your help!
Regards
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have Runtime Column Propagation enabled? If you don't need it, disable it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkkgupta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkkgupta »

I am not using RCP in this job
Regards
Kiran
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Is metadata of before and after link the same. I believe "First_Name" is not present in one of the input links.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Does your "before" dataset have the "First_name" column? What it would imply is that your "after" dataset has a "First_name" column but for a "before" record not present in the "after" it is defaulting the value of "First_name". I would guess you have it set to keep deletes.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's a dangerous warning because it is putting NULL into your FIRST_NAME field on output. I think it occurs when you have a field that is not matched between your two inputs so it defaults it to empty on output.
rohithmuthyala
Participant

Post by rohithmuthyala »

I think the work around for this will be to keep only the columns whcih are used as Change Keys (or) Change Values and drop others , and then the output of CDC can again be joined with the after dataset to retrieve all the columns which are required for the second CDC.
Rohith
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let's be clear here.

Is this the Change Data Capture product (which typically identifies changes from transaction logs in databases), or is this the Change Capture stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.