Copybook to DataStage schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copybook to DataStage schema file

Post by leomauer »

Does anybody know a UNIX command line utility that allows to convert COBOL copybook to DataStage schema files?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I am not sure if one exists and if it does then pardon my ignorance. I know there are some softwares out there that will read a copy book and convert it into xml. You will have to cook something up. Would'nt be hard to create a shell script that achieves this.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
suryapkakani
Participant

Post by suryapkakani »

Found this on search http://sourceforge.net/projects/cb2xml/. A java parser job can be used to populate the required.
sunny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Import the COBOL copybook into DataStage. Then open the table definition, go to the Layout tab, open the Parallel option and (right click to) save the record schema in a file. Voila!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by leomauer »

ray.wurlod wrote:Import the COBOL copybook into DataStage. Then open the table definition, go to the Layout tab, open the Parallel option and (right click to) save the record schema in a file. Voila! ...
I know it is that simple. Unfortunately I need to do it dynamically before the job runs. I use this schema file in the job. It is not xml I am converting to, but really a schema file.
Any idea? I am writing DataStage job to do it, but there is too many variations in copybook syntax that it is going to be difficult.