MetaData Information for DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

MetaData Information for DataStage

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

We would like to get the complete job detail from the DataStage Repository. Is it possible???

Detail in the sense for the given job i need source column - Transformation - Target columns. From the source till the target we need what are all the transformation been applied to the job.

Will it be availble in the XML or DSX export of the job with executables?

or

Is there any possiblity of querying the Datastage Repository tables like DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS. If so please let me know the commands.

Thanks,

Senthil Kumar P
naveen.p
Participant

Re: MetaData Information for DataStage

Post by naveen.p »

Hi,

Metadata information can be obtained using DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS. Use the Select query from the Datastage Administrator command line.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Complete detail is available in the export file if you make sure to export properties that have default values and read-only components.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Complete detail is available in the export file if you make sure to export properties that have default values and read-only components. ...
Thanks Ray for the info.

So i can get all the job details including transformation logics applied in the job export.

Is this is not possible via querying the DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS. from this DS_JOBOBJECTS is this possible to see the transformation logics applied.

Thanks,

Senthil Kumar P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Of course it's possible. IF you know the structure of these tables. The structure of these tables (a) is undocumented and (b) is different in different record types.

We've been able to tease out some of the more critical items of information but definitely not all of it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Export to XML and then play with the stylesheet to exclude the information you don't need and leave in what you do need and then display it in a browser. You can also use a good XML viewing tool. You can also try running some queries in Metadata Workbench in the query tool - though it can be hard filtering and finding the right objects.