Make Vector Stage - Int32 to Vector mapping

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't see a vector defined in your osh - just a Char(40). Your metadata needs to specify the size of the vector (which will cause a vector to be defined). Do this on the extended properties of the column - right click on the column definition and choose Edit Row from the menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
muralisankarr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by muralisankarr »

ray.wurlod wrote:I don't see a vector defined in your osh - just a Char(40). Your metadata needs to specify the size of the vector (which will cause a vector to be defined). Do this on the extended properties of the column - right click on the column definition and choose Edit Row from the menu.
Thanks Ray. I think the issue I have is really not in the Make vector Stage. But it is with the target Sequential File. When I replace my target with Dataset my job is working fine. But with Sequential File the job is aborting with the above message. Is it possible to write a data of vector type to sequential file? Please help

Many Thanks
MSR
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly not. But I don't have the opportunity to test that at the moment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.