How to zip files using datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nani0907
Participant

How to zip files using datastage

Post by nani0907 »

Hi All,

Could any body let me know how to use the Zip command in Execute Activity stage .My requirement is that in a particular directiry i have two files say sample_Abc.txt and other is sample_def.txt .
thanks n regards
nani
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

You can use before / After job rutine and use unix gzip command or in datastage we have stages like compress , encode .
Nag
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

hi ,
thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate on this
thanks n regards
nani
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would have to have 'zip' installed on your DataStage server to do this, do you? Or compress or gzip as alternatives. As to the how, it's no different from doing it directly from the command line. If you are unsure of the syntax, try 'man xxxx' to get the man pages (if they are installed on your server) or a simple google search. Or ask a colleague for help, running it from DataStage doesn't change how it works.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe this is an Execute Command activity in a job sequence. If this is correct, simply use the regular command line (perhaps for gzip or compress). If anything needs to be parameterized, you need to put that and the remainder of the command into the Parameters field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.