Teradata API Stage Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsx999
Participant

Teradata API Stage Warning

Post by dsx999 »

Can anybody help me to resolve the following warning?

Syntax error: expected something between the beginning of the request and the end of the request.

My job has a Teradata API Stage as target in which I am running user-defined SQL to insert records into a Teradata table.
The SQL contains Teradata specific functions (which are not supported by ANSI).
When I execute this job, all the records are getting populated correctly but with the above warning.
Is it because I am using the Teradata specific SQL syntax? If yes, why is it so?

Please suggest.
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Teradata API Stage Warning

Post by nishadkapadia »

Has been posted in the forum quite a few times - Teradata API supports ANSI SQL. This error is seen to occur also if there are any charachters [ e.g, char(10), char(13) etc ]
Leenaz
Participant

Re: Teradata API Stage Warning

Post by Leenaz »

nishadkapadia wrote:Has been posted in the forum quite a few times - Teradata API supports ANSI SQL. This error is seen to occur also if there are any charachters [ e.g, char(10), char(13) etc ]
As there was no syntax error in my SQL following thing worked

Deleted complete After SQL, ran the job.
Pasted the SQL and then ran the Job
dpsahoo
Participant

Post by dpsahoo »

Teradata API stage needs a formatted SQL. Even if there is an empty line in the beginning of the SQL, it will give out this error message.
This post is by Durga Prasad
dpsahoo
Participant

Post by dpsahoo »

Teradata API stage needs a formatted SQL. Even if there is an empty line in the beginning of the SQL, it will give out this error message.
This post is by Durga Prasad