calling jar file from DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suman27
Participant

calling jar file from DataStage

Post by suman27 »

Hi,

We were trying to validate XML with XSD using XML input stage. But we are unable to capture the rejects from XML input stage. seems to be some issues with XML input stage. We are in process of contacting IBM support team.

I have a jar file which can validate XML file with given XSD file.,
So I am wondering if there is any way to call this jar file from DS to validate my incoming XML file.

Warm Regards,
Suman.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There may be ways to do that by calling out to the command line in a before/after routine --- the deeply elegant way to do it would be to write a small java class that would accept your xml on an input link and do the validation, and code that class so that it operates with JavaPack. ....but that seems like a lot of extra work....Validation has had a series of patches...check with support and see what they are able to determine for you..... you can share the issue here also --- perhaps it is something some of us have seen....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

Hi,
I found this http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR32884 which address the same problem.

Regards,
Suman.
eostic wrote:There may be ways to do that by calling out to the command line in a before/after routine --- the deeply elegant way to do it would be to write a small java class that would accept your xml on an input link and do the validation, and code that class so that it operates with JavaPack. ....but that seems like a lot of extra work....Validation has had a series of patches...check with support and see what they are able to determine for you..... you can share the issue here also --- perhaps it is something some of us have seen....

Ernie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not all validators are created equal. We had to do our validation outside of DS using Java to match the level of 'checkness' that our consumer (Google) was expecting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

Now I can able to validate my XML using a custom Java Code...
Thanks for all ur replies.

Regards,
Suman.
chulett wrote:Not all validators are created equal. We had to do our validation outside of DS using Java to match the level of 'checkness' that our consumer (Google) was expecting. ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

suman27 wrote:Thanks for all ur replies.
Ur? Ur was a city in ancient Babylon or thereabouts. The second person personal pronoun (possessive case) in English is spelled "your".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

OOH :D
Correction. Thankyou for all your replies.
ray.wurlod wrote:
suman27 wrote:Thanks for all ur replies.
Ur? Ur was a city in ancient Babylon or thereabouts. The second person personal pronoun (possessive case) in English is spelled "your".