db2nodes.cfg must exist and be readable by all users!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tfrajk
Participant

db2nodes.cfg must exist and be readable by all users!

Post by tfrajk »

Hi,

I am running DataStage 8.1 and am getting the following error:
The file `/home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg' must exist and be readable by all users!

I made the following verifications:

1. The file `/home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg' DOES EXIST, and has read permissions for everyone.
2. Similar jobs running DB2EE with same configuration run without errors.
3. I have set the env. variable APT_DB2INSTANCE_HOME to the value /home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst, which is the same as in other jobs (Jobs running OK)
4. The log shows the error mentioned above, and beneath it, another error: Message: DLY_high_redemption_alarm,14: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

EXPERTS, PLEASE ANSWER.

Thanks,

--Raj
krs
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: db2nodes.cfg must exist and be readable by all users!

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi ,

Is this error a 'compile time error' or a 'run time error' ?

Regards
Sreeni
tfrajk wrote:Hi,

I am running DataStage 8.1 and am getting the following error:
The file `/home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg' must exist and be readable by all users!

I made the following verifications:

1. The file `/home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg' DOES EXIST, and has read permissions for everyone.
2. Similar jobs running DB2EE with same configuration run without errors.
3. I have set the env. variable APT_DB2INSTANCE_HOME to the value /home/dsadm/remote_db2config/maxinst, which is the same as in other jobs (Jobs running OK)
4. The log shows the error mentioned above, and beneath it, another error: Message: DLY_high_redemption_alarm,14: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

EXPERTS, PLEASE ANSWER.

Thanks,

--Raj
tfrajk
Participant

Post by tfrajk »

This is a run time error.

IBM gave a work around for this problem.

It appears that this is a bug and will perhaps be patched up in the future.
The work around is to create an EMPTY "db2nodes.cfg" files on the remote DB2 servers in the same directory location as it exists on the datastage server. The file need not contain anything, it can be EMPTY. Just touch the file.

This will resolve the errors, and the job continues execution.
krs
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Hi,

I got the same error. i am able to run the job that extracts the data but the job inserts / updates the data is failing stating the above error. Any suggestion / solution for this please.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's a resolution posted here and in other threads if you do an exact seach for that message.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers