APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mansoor_nb
Participant

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver

Post by mansoor_nb »

Hello,
I have a parallel job which uses two sparse lookup.The source is dataset and the target is the dataset.
The job flow is as follows;
a)The data is looked up with the table in DB2(reference table) for CUST_NBR(data type - Decimal 9,0).
b) the CUST_NBR (data type - Decimal 9,0) is used to lookup for ADDRESS_NBR using the CUST_NBR as key column from the table in the Teradata environment using sparse lookup option using the ODBC stage. The data type of the CUST_NBR in the Teradata table is integer 10.
Hence i modified the data type of CUST_NBR in the main stream to integer 10 to get the reference column ADDR_NBR from the reference teradata table.

As i do this, i am getting the error as
1) APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver
2) APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [NCR][ODBC Teradata][Teradata Database] There is a mismatch between the number of parameters specified and the number of parameters required.

Please help me out on this.

I have used the join stage as a work around to have the ADDR_NBR from the table in teradata and it is working fine but the volume of data in the teradata table is huge and hence it is taking more time to finish.

Thanks
Mansoor
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Why are you using ODBC anyways ? and i think you need to get the odbc drivers installed for teradata.. i think you should use the API stage instead
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

hamzaqk wrote:Why are you using ODBC anyways ? and i think you need to get the odbc drivers installed for teradata.. i think you should use the API stage instead
Sparse lookup option is not available in the Teradata API stage and hence i am using ODBC stage. The ODBC drivers are installed for teradata.

Thanks
Mansoor
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Sparse lookup would be even slower. Join is the fastest as it will not use any system memory. How many records to you have ?

Try the following:

1. Disable the Combined operator error to check what the exact error is because sometimes it throws errors which do not make much sence.

2. Tryin casting the column which cast(column_name) as integer.
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a mismatch between the number of parameters specified and the number of parameters required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

This issue is resolved. The issue was with the Teradata user id that i was using. Thanks you very much for the replies that all have provided.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't see how the user could cause this unless you were accessing a different table than you should have been. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could have lacked SELECT privilege to system tables where column information is stored.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.