Environment variable information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepak.hsbc
Participant

Environment variable information

Post by deepak.hsbc »

has anybody ever heard about a environment variable APT_OUTPUTCURSOR_USES_DONE ??
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Not I.

Could it be a user defined variable?
deepak.hsbc
Participant

Post by deepak.hsbc »

Not user defined,But IBM has given this variable to use in our project with a value of 1.

The only thing I know about this variable is it helps while working with empty file processing in multi-instance jobs...

Just wondering if anybody else has been using this ??
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

without this variable , Still we can run the multi instance jobs with empty file right ? Could you elaborate the reason in using this variable ?
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea. Because I have never encountered this variable. How about you go back to IBM, to whoever gave you the advice, and ask for more information, ideally a reference to documentation? Then post here what they tell you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.