ODBC error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ithirak_17
Participant

ODBC error

Post by ithirak_17 »

I cannot able to import the table definition through plug in odbc definition.

I am getting the data stage error and i close the datastage designer and needs to reopen again.
Kindly help me on this.
suryapkakani
Participant

Post by suryapkakani »

Give detailed information about the the message that you are getting
sunny
ithirak_17
Participant

Post by ithirak_17 »

suryapkakani wrote:Give detailed information about the the message that you are getting

ERROR CALLING SUBROUTINE:DSR_IMPORT(Action=2);Check Datastage is set up correctly in project
(The connection is broken (81002).
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Close the Manager, re-open it, try it.

If it happens again, tell us when the error pops up. When you click "ODBC Table definitions" or something else..?
Kandy

Post by ithirak_17 »

kandyshandy wrote:Close the Manager, re-open it, try it.

If it happens again, tell us when the error pops up. When you click "ODBC Table definitions" or something else..?
Error occurs when i click the Table definition->Import->odbc table definition.

When i entered the DSN,user name and password.I am getting this error meessage.
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

does your odbc.ini file has this project listed ?

Regads
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
ithirak_17
Participant

Post by ithirak_17 »

Sreedhar wrote:Hi,

does your odbc.ini file has this project listed ?

Regads
Yes it is listed.Actually my server got rebooted after that it is not working..Whether i need to start any process?
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

I believe that Sree meant the DSN name. But if the entry is missing, he should not see DSN name from the drop down list at the first place. But you may want to check whether the entry has anything strange.

Or try creating another odbc entry to connect to some other DB and see whether you are able to import from there using ODBC Table Definitions import method. By this way, you can narrow down the issue atleast.
Kandy

Post by kandyshandy »

Yes it is listed.Actually my server got rebooted after that it is not working..Whether i need to start any process?
I am not sure about the check list. But, i would like to know the DB (Oracle or ?) you are trying to connect to using ODBC.

Someone may tell you how to find ODBC driver or service status.. and/or listener status.
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

ithirak_17 wrote: ERROR CALLING SUBROUTINE:DSR_IMPORT(Action=2);Check Datastage is set up correctly in project
(The connection is broken (81002).
This along with your post that the server has been re-booted suggests that the network connections with regards to ODBC (IIS to the database) has some issues. You are able to connect to the Server (IIS), but once you are trying to connect to the database using ODBC there is an error that is occurring which is severing your connection.

Try checking the .odbc.ini entries for the DSN that you are trying to connect. Also, did you contact your admin and DBA with regards to this?
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted