Job sequnce in parallel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinsashi
Participant

Job sequnce in parallel

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
I have one master Job Sequence it contains 15 jobsequnces in that.in this all are independend jobs.i kept all are in parallel in master sequnce.in that 14 job activities of outputs are in put for 15th job actvity in master sequnce.i kept parallelly 14 job actvities and connected to sequncer and i kept 15th job actvitiy. now working fine is ther any resource allocation problem in future (source data is maximum 2000 records)
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you turn on APT_DUMP_SCORE for your jobs you will be able to see how many processes each starts. Add up the numbers for all jobs started by your 14 sequences that run in parallel - how many processes do you have and what sort of a hardware configuration do you have (CPUs,Memory)? That is more likely to be a source of resource issues than the size of your data.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Of course there could be 'resource allocation problem' in the future, it's not like your server has infinite processing power and resources. As Arnd notes, pay more attention to exactly what you're asking the server to do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers