Sequence Job Dependencies

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh
Participant

Sequence Job Dependencies

Post by kamesh »

Hi,
After much of investigation I found that I can not get sequence job dependencies if
1. Only executable is imported in the project without design time components and
2. Dependencies tab in the job properties is not properly populated because of copy/paste of objects before generating exeutable code.

Note: Executable DSX export file and 25th record of runtime configuration file only reflects job properties dependencies tab contents which is not correctly populated so not a valid option.

I believe that actual dependency is stored somewhere for sure which happens to be RT_BP63.O directory file. But how do I read object file in it and parse it effectively so that I get series of dependencies in the sequence?

Does anyone have alternatives to achive this given the conditions 1 & 2 or any other means to read RT_BP63.O directory file to get list of dependencies? In short, do we have any UV tools for exploring these object files?
Any help is much appreciated!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In short, no. You can certainly inspect the object code using a hex editor, but this is DataStage BASIC and uses completely idiosyncratic op-codes which aren't documented anywhere.

You can use VLIST command to simulate an assembler-like representation of the object code, but I really don't think that will be of much help.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

When you import it also asks to build the dependencies.

If you only have executables then how can you see these? You can only view them in Designer.
Mamu Kim
kamesh
Participant

Post by kamesh »

Thank you Ray! Object code inspection gets me the dependencies with use of UNIX pattern scanning commands.

$DSHOME/bin/uv "VLIST RT_BP${job_no} ${object_file}"

Kim,
We move only executable code from DEV to UAT/PROD . The code movement is a combination of ClearCase and UNIX daemon script which uses server level import which can't import design components tied to DataStage client.