db2 bulk load error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

db2 bulk load error

Post by suneelchallagali »

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: Internal Error: Function 'load_data' failed
DSTAGE-UDB-0008`:`Internal Error: Function 'connect_to_data_source' failed

when i an trying to run the job i am getting above error but .bat file is created when i run that .bat file records are loading into db2database
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First suggestion is always going to be to disable operator combination so you can see where the error is actually being generated. Add $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to your job, set it to True and rerun the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

I have set the $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true iam getting the same error as mention above
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you set it correctly, it won't be the same error from "APT_CombinedOperatorController".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but you're no longer getting it from APT_CombinedOperatorController - you now know which operator (stage) is throwing the error.

Now you need to inspect parameters and properties to determine why the job can not connect to the data source.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

actually the error is throwing by db2 bulk load. when i run the job bulk load job .bat files are created but the status of the job is aborted but when i run the .bat file manually all the rows are inserted into db2 database. it is working like wired still working on that to figure out the problem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe this has been reported before on DSXchange. Did you Search?

(Or did I read about it on IBM's web site? Hmm...)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Actually i have searched the dsxchange and ibm db2 form also but i could not exact solution. I got few tips to rectify the error in detail but unable to solve it